(The Purity) is one of the most important and frequently recited surahs in the Holy Quran. It is the 112th surah of the Quran, consisting of just four short verses, but it carries a powerful message about the oneness of Allah.
surah ikhlas in arabic
بِسۡمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
قُلۡ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
لَمۡ يَلِدۡ وَلَمۡ يُولَدۡ
وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُۥ كُفُوًا أَحَدُۢ
surah ikhlas transliteration
The surah starts with the Arabic word “Qul”, which means “Say”. This indicates that Allah is commanding us to say these words in order to affirm our belief in His oneness. The surah reads:
“Say, ‘He is Allah, [who is] One,
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to Him any equivalent.”
surah ikhlas tafseer
This surah emphasizes the concept of Tawheed, or the oneness of Allah. It states that Allah is the only one worthy of worship, and that there is no other deity besides Him. It also highlights the eternal nature of Allah, as well as His uniqueness in that He was not born nor does He have any children.
Reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas has great rewards, as it is considered equal to reciting one-third of the Quran. It is also known as Al-Tawhid, which means the affirmation of the oneness of Allah.
The message of Surah Al-Ikhlas is simple yet profound, and it serves as a reminder to Muslims to always remember the oneness of Allah in all aspects of their lives.
13 benefits of Surah Ikhlas
1. It is equivalent to one-third of the entire Quran in reward.
2. Reciting Surah Ikhlas cleanses the heart and attracts blessings from Allah.
3. It is a means of seeking Allah’s forgiveness and mercy.
4. Reciting it regularly increases iman (faith) and provides inner peace.
5. Surah Ikhlas protects one from the Evil eye, Black magic, and other calamities.
6. It helps in warding off Satan and his whispers.
7. Reciting it before sleeping ensures protection throughout the night.
8. Surah Ikhlas guides towards the path of righteousness and truth.
9. It helps in achieving success in both this world and the hereafter.
10. It is a source of comfort during times of distress and sadness.
11. Surah Ikhlas helps in purifying the soul and strengthens the connection with Allah.
12. It is a powerful tool for seeking Allah’s help and blessings in all matters.
13. Surah Ikhlas can be recited for various purposes, such as seeking sustenance, protection, or guidance.
What are the verses explaining in surah Ikhlas?
Surah Ikhlas, also known as Surah Tawheed, is the 112th chapter of the Quran. It consists of four verses and emphasizes the concept of monotheism.
The verses of Surah Ikhlas are as follows:
1. “Say: He is Allah, the One and Only”
This verse establishes the concept of tawheed (oneness of God) and emphasizes that there is only one God worthy of worship.
2. “Allah, the Eternal, Absolute”
This verse emphasizes the eternal nature of God and His complete independence and sovereignty.
3. “He begets not, nor was He begotten”
This verse rejects the concept of God having a son or being born from anyone, emphasizing His unique and incomparable status.
4. “And there is none comparable unto Him”
This final verse emphasizes that there is no being or entity comparable to God in power, majesty, and divine attributes.